Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help! How do I merge a .DAT file?

• Please log in to reply

leadman

leadman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Last month, my computer was infected and was forced to export my address file from Earthlink TotalAccess to my desktop then CD. Also, I had to do the same for Outlook.

Now in attempt to import the .DAT file to my email program, I was not allowed.

What do I need to do to accomplish this task and do the same for my contact list in Outlook?

Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may need to be logged in as administrator.

leadman

leadman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your reply. I am registered as the Administrator and I searched for advice on MSN search and Google to no avail.

What else can I do?

Thanks,

Leadman

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Thanks for your reply.  I am registered as the Administrator and I searched for advice on MSN search and Google to no avail.

What else can I do?

Thanks,

Leadman

View Post

Does the administrator logon box come up when you're booting up? If it doesn't then you have to go to the Administration in Control Panel and log in, or maybe it's in Users? Being registoered isn't the same as being logged in.