Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems updating nVidia drivers

• Please log in to reply

RyGuy

RyGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

PiTT_BuLL

PiTT_BuLL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey!

I have the same problem like you!

Mainboard: A7N8X Deluxe

Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT

AGP
Revision 3.0
Rate 4x, 8x (4x enabled)
Available Rate 0x0000000c
Selected Rate 0x00000004
Aperture Size 0 B
Sideband Addressing supported (disabled)
Fast Write supported (disabled)

So did you mybe fix the problem ?

KiNETiC

KiNETiC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK, I discovered today I too had the problem of 8X agp being disabled along with Fast Write and Side-Band Addressing being disabled. The solution I discovered myself, is to install the latest nVidia Unified Driver, more specifically the GART driver that comes in that package.

I always install this driver package however I've never bothered with the GART driver before and not having this installed never seemed to cause a problem previously. If you already have most of these drivers installed, just untick them all except the GART driver and install that only.

I'm just off to check 3dmark, as I noticed that these have been failing to complete lately and this fix will hopefully rectify that problem too!

ps: ooops, Unified driver package 5.10 is available HERE

EDIT: 3DMark01 and 03 now complete without errors in nv4_display :tazz:

Cheers
KiNETiC

Edited by KiNETiC, 18 August 2005 - 11:17 PM.

lemon-head

lemon-head

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just for those who stumble here in search for similar problems.

I have a Geforce 6600 (AGP 8x), on an Elitegroup K7S5A mainboard.

After the Win XP upgrade to Service Pack 3, some things did not work as before. Especially, the system did not find my graphics card any more. Trying to upgrade the nvidia drivers caused the same error message as written by the topic starter,

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

The solution was simple: I installed fresh mainboard drivers from the Elitegroup site, then installed the nvidia graphics card drivers, and now it works.

Maybe this can also fix your problem with AGP 8X not working.