Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media keeps playing

• Please log in to reply

guy_x

guy_x

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I had a problem with explorer.exe so I had to repair using Windows XP SP1 cd, since then I have to click on stop button before closing, otherwise media keeps playing. I've already updated the player and problem remains.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Yes, that problem i had the same thing, i dont know how to stop it,but mine stopped on its own after i rebooted. But i know how to stop it without pressing stop. Ok, after you have closed windows media player and the sound keeps running goto you task manager and then goto the tab wich said "Processes" and it will say "wmplayer.exe" end that process, then the sound should stop. Just try this out ( I am not sure it will work but it's worth the try ), when you start the computer before you do anything goto your task manager and then back to proccess and end everything in your user name, including the xplorer, if explorer does not come back automaticaly then on the task manager goto >file >new task (Run...) and type in explorer, that should make the explorer start running again, after you have done that run your media player and see if you still have the same problem, if the problem doesnt appear, then you know that it is one of the programs running in the backround and you should try and disable some of the startup items that you think you dont need. If the problem still happends, I am really sorry, i wished i could of helped more.

I hope this works.....