Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running two Firewalls simultaneously

• Please log in to reply

Word4Word

Word4Word

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know if running two firewalls simultaneously is any better than just running a single firewall? Is anyone doing this? and if so, what combination would you recommend? (freeware versions)

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Only run 1 firewall. Running 2 will cause instability as they will try to compete with each other and cause system problems.

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I have my win xp firewall, and my norton firewall running at the same time, I've just checked lol, I though t that the xp one was stopped. Would it be better to stop the xp or the norton. Sorry to put it in this thread but it is the same topic.

cheers woody

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
stop xp one.

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
there is no use for two firewalls if they block the same contents and same ports.
Its better to configure and tune one firewall rather than run more than one.