Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Closing Outlook causes Microsoft Word to open?

• Please log in to reply

cbt131

cbt131

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
When i am done reading my email and I close the window I get a window from Microsoft Office Word :

Changes have been made that affect the Global template, Normal. Do you want to save those changes? and depending on what I click I will get a save window or keep on getting a question or it will close. Havent paid much attention....

All I know is that this has been happening for over a week. Why is it happening and why did it start to pop up? What caused this and how do I make it stop. Microsoft Office Works does not necessarily have to be open for this to happen.
Thanks
Cheryl

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
It's an error I've run into before, but never on any sort of consistant basis. It means that Outlook is using Word as your default email editor.

We can change that to see if the problem goes away:

To "unset" Word as the default editor for email messages in Outlook:
  • Select Tools | Options from the menu in Outlook.
  • Click on the Mail Format tab.
  • Clear the Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages checkbox.
  • In versions before Outlook 2003, the text reads Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages.
  • Close the dialog.

Edited by Guse, 11 July 2005 - 06:17 AM.