Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD-RW

• Please log in to reply

kurtsm

kurtsm

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Help!!!!
Everytime I try to burn a cd with either music or data, when I put the blank cd in to burn to, I get a message that says please put blank media in drive. I have searched some of the other similar posts, but they have been no help. I don't know the manufacturer of the drive, when I look in my system info it just says "(standard CD-ROM drives)". It doesn't even say I have a DVD in the system information. However, I know that windows recognized it as a DVD/CD-RW combo drive, because when I open a search, it lists the D: drive as DVD/CD-RW. I am at a complete loss, I have tried re-installing windows (I'm using XP pro), have tried about six or seven different burning programs (my computer came with Nero), but each one gives me the same message. I notice that if a blank media is in the cd port, the drive does not spin, even when I am trying to do a search. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate the help.

-kurtsm <_< :D :D

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
how many burning programs do you have installed on your system?
with some cd burners you can only run one burning program or it will cause you to get errors.
<_<

kurtsm

kurtsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have removed each one if it didn't work. The only one on the computer now is nero.
-Kurtis

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Sounds like you need a new CD/RW drive. <_<

kurtsm

kurtsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts