Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ME error message at shut-down VWIN32(05)+000012D0E

• Please log in to reply

lenallen

lenallen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
We have Millenium Edition operating system, and whenever we try to shut down the computer, we get a blue screen with the error message: VWIN 32(05)+000012D0ERROR:0E:0028:C02A44A8. It also gives us the choices to hit any button get back to Windows, or restart with ctrl+alt+del. Hitting a key puts the computer in a coma, and when you hit ctrl+alt+del, it does restart SOMETIMES and when it does it's only after a LONG wait.
I've run adaware, Norton, spybot, but nothing has changed.
I'm not extremely skillful with computer diagnostics...this problem is driving me and my family nuts!!
We appreciate any help!!!
Thanks.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Have you tried to do a system restore before the problem started?
<_<

lenallen

lenallen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

We have Millenium Edition operating system, and whenever we try to shut down the computer, we get a blue screen with the error message: VWIN 32(05)+000012D0ERROR:0E:0028:C02A44A8. It also gives us the choices to hit any button get back to Windows, or restart with ctrl+alt+del. Hitting a key puts the computer in a coma, and when you hit ctrl+alt+del, it does restart SOMETIMES and when it does it's only after a LONG wait.
I've run adaware, Norton, spybot, but nothing has changed.
I'm not extremely skillful with computer diagnostics...this problem is driving me and my family nuts!!
We appreciate any help!!!
Thanks.

View Post

Reply: If by system restore you mean "wipe clean" my hard drive and re-install my operating system (ME), then no, I don't really want to do that if I can avoid it! I don't have everything on my hard drive backed up.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
WindowsME has the ability to restore to an earlier state, and all your data will be safe. See this page: http://www.microsoft...stemrestore.asp

lenallen

lenallen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

WindowsME has the ability to restore to an earlier state, and all your data will be safe. See this page: http://www.microsoft...stemrestore.asp

View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I went to the page and followed the directions to do a system restore. I kept getting a box that said, ""System Restore cannot run until you restart the computer. Please restart the computer, and then run System Restore again." I restarted the computer as instructed...I went through this drill three times and kept getting that same message.
We still get the original problem (blue screen, Error VWIN 32(05) etc.)
What else can I try?