Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

prog on desktop cant remove

• Please log in to reply

gumbyman45

gumbyman45

• Pip
  • 3 posts
was on chat opened i.m. recieved a file that went to my all progs and desktop.H ave removed from desktop,though is still on all progrmmes file. Suspicious this may contain dialler or some such malicious things.I am new puter user and definitely do not want this floating round my system.Assitance would be greatly appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
what file is it? if you were able to remove it from your desktop and didn't have problems then you can remove it from all programs as well.
But let us know what file is it.

gumbyman45

gumbyman45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi samiko,thank you for reply; there are two icons in c;\Documents and settings\ow folder would like to know how to remove them if possible

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
you can boot up into safe mode and remove them from there.

gumbyman45

gumbyman45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi samiko, i feeling like a real dummy,dont even know how to get to boot menu let alone the safe mode of it.I will need all the steps as i am extremly new to puters.Bout the only thing i know is how to spell correctly,tho can follow very basic instructions.Please assist. :tazz: