Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Too many media players !

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all,
Hope someone can help me with this one. I seem to be running 3 media players at the same time, and dont know which one i should use as my default.
Let me simplify........
(1) I have audigy zx soundcard installed, so also have the creative player as part of the package.
(2) Have windows media player 10 installed and think this is my default (think ?)
(3) i have purchased winamp pro (plays m4a files), and now have this installed.

I have uninstalled nero media player which came with the rw drive as this was just complicating things further.
So , why 3 players. 1, i like the ease of use of media player 10, especially for ripping and burning.
2, I need the winamp pro , cos m4a files are becoming more popular on limewire and nothing else plays them.
3, i like the creative set up the most, but cant rip cds,and it dont play m4a files either.
I have 16 gigs of music in my music folder, and each time i play a certain track, a different player will pop onto the screen.
There must be an easier way to configure all this and maybe get the best of all players rolled into one, surely ??

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Get K-lite Mega Codec Pack or one of the other popular codec packs.
Then, u can use only one media player for all u r media needs.
Dont for get to change the file associations to ur selected media player.