Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Clearing History?

• Please log in to reply

naught33

naught33

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

I currently am using Avant Browser, but have also used IE and Firefox in the past. I have my avant browser settings to clear all my history upon exiting, but for some reason whenever I come back to the browser and reopen it a lot of the url's are still saved and haven't been cleared from the history. I've tried going tools-internet options-clear history and its the same, no better. I also tried going into the directory manually, through documents and settings and deleting history for today (it was the only one which showed up), but still they were there? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

naught33

Advertisements

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Have you restarted your computer? I would try deleteing history from IE as well. Dont know enought about this browser to be much more help. Someone might have a better idea.

naught33

naught33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey, thanks for the response, yeah i've tried restarting my pc and clearing the history on IE, still the same, if anyone has any ideas please share w me, thanks

naught33

naught33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
does anyone know why all the history isn't clearing? ive cleared it manually, and have it set under options to clear everything upon exiting the browser....any know how to fix thids please? thanks

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Try CleanUp!
Regards RockyIV

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Deleting browser "cache" & history is much like deleting files from disk. Files "tags" (pointers) are deleted - not the file content. In any case, I would recommend you have all your browsers save their history/cache contents to the same location (e.g., c:\temp), this way any browser may be able to clear out the "aggregate" history/cache..

To clear AB cache/history when it closes...
click Tools > Avant Browser Options > Clear History>
check "automatically clear checked items..."
To move the browser cache files...
click Tools > Internet Options > Settings > Move Folder

BTW, CCleaner works great - http://www.ccleaner.com/

P2E

Hi,

I currently am using Avant Browser, but have also used IE and Firefox in the past.  I have my avant browser settings to clear all my history upon exiting, but for some reason whenever I come back to the browser and reopen it a lot of the url's are still saved and haven't been cleared from the history.  I've tried going tools-internet options-clear history and its the same, no better.  I also tried going into the directory manually, through documents and settings and deleting history for today (it was the only one which showed up), but still they were there?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance

naught33

View Post