Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Power supply MB plug 20 or 24 pin

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am building my first PC. I have a question about power supplies. My mother board has a 24 pin power plug. Is there an advantage to using a power supply that has a 24 pin MB plug on it. I understand that you can use a PS 20 pin ona MB 24 pin by inserting in the first 20 pins. If any more infor is required for an answer let me know and I will post it.

Jim Allen

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I would personally reccomend using a powers supply with the 24 pin plug, simply because that way you can be sure that you wil have enough power going to all of your componants, plus the 24 pin plug is pretty much the standard for power supplys these days, so finding one at a good price shouldn't be a problem.