Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power supply MB plug 20 or 24 pin

• Please log in to reply

jayohallen

jayohallen

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi
I am building my first PC. I have a question about power supplies. My mother board has a 24 pin power plug. Is there an advantage to using a power supply that has a 24 pin MB plug on it. I understand that you can use a PS 20 pin ona MB 24 pin by inserting in the first 20 pins. If any more infor is required for an answer let me know and I will post it.

Thanks

Jim Allen

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I would personally reccomend using a powers supply with the 24 pin plug, simply because that way you can be sure that you wil have enough power going to all of your componants, plus the 24 pin plug is pretty much the standard for power supplys these days, so finding one at a good price shouldn't be a problem.

--Chris