Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PB problem in BF2

• Please log in to reply

0=Lithium=0

0=Lithium=0

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So, I load the game fine, get into a multiplayer game for about 3 sec's, then it kicks me and gives me this error message, Bad memory 81018 or 81081 can't quite remember. Any ideas, I tried unistalling the game and reinstalling and it didn't fix anything, tried using pbweb and it didn't help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try updating your video drivers, but that may not fix it. I know that you can try the 1.1 patch, but there is some memory leaks with it and they said don't use it. they will be releasing a fixed patch shortly.

see http://battlefield2.com for more info

starjax

0=Lithium=0

0=Lithium=0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Don't think it has anything to do with my drivers, the error message first came up saying that the server was running a different version of PB, now it just says error corrupt file/memory 81081.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sounds like a server problem, not a client issue. try playing on a different server.

sounds like they loaded the patch on the server. From experience we had to reload the server to get it back to normal because the patch is screwy.

0=Lithium=0

0=Lithium=0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've tried multiple servers and I get the same error :tazz:

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Try updating punkbuster..Im not sure how but i know STARJAX tells people how to all the time.