Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

cant open

• Please log in to reply

phariu

phariu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i cant open mozilla firefox. when i try to open it nothing happens. i upgraded to version 1.0.4 and used it for many days. it worked fine then. i have tried uninstalling it and installing it also. bit didnt work. and also i keep all the setup files of the softwares i download from the internet in the pc. i have downloaded mozilla firefox versions 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 and put it in a folder named firefox. then after this problem started i tried to change the name of the folder fireox to mozilla firefox. when i changed the name and tried to open the folder, the explorer window closes. and when i changed the folder name back to firefox, i can open the folder.
the main is problem is that i cant open firefox. so please someone help me.

Advertisement

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
In order to create a new profile, you use the Profile Manager. To start the Profile Manager in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Close Firefox completely (select File > Exit from the main menu of Firefox).
2. Select Start > Run... from the Windows Start menu.
3. Enter firefox.exe -profilemanager and press OK.

Try creating a new profile and use it. If this works then the old one is trashed.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
After clicking the firefox icon for a few times, look in your task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and see how many firefox.exes are open. Disable them all and reboot. Once your computer is back on, open up task manager and look for firefox.exes and disable them if you see any. Now, try to open firefox again and see if it starts up correctly.

Emery

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
If he has reinstalled these multiple times we can assume he has restarted the PC. If I am wrong in my assumption then yes try that first. If that doesnt work or you have restarted your PC then please procede with my instructions.

phariu

phariu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have tried the two ways also and it didnt work. when i tried after restarting, firefox was not in the processes of task manager. and i have created a new profile and tried, but didnt work. i tried uninstalling and installing firefox again and restarting also. no luck.

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I need you to restart your PC and without trying to start firefox run the profile manager, After creating a new profile you have to tell firefox to log in with THAT profile.

phariu

phariu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
thanks for the help. but nothing worked. so i deleted my windows user account and created a new windows user account. now it works.

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
LOL, the only thing that did was create a new profile in firefox :tazz:

phariu

phariu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i found what was the problem. i use system mechanic popup blocker. and it blockes mozilla. i dont know why. when i disabled the popup blocker mozilla wa ok. so creating a new profile could not have fixed the problem after all. :tazz:

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Well there ya go. Good job mate!!!

Its still a fact that creating a new user creates a new profile for FF.

Advertisement