Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Needing new PCI video card for dual monitors

• Please log in to reply

cadconversions

cadconversions

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, came across this forum while surfing for some answers and thought I would see what you thought.

The church where I attend is wanting to install a dual video card to run our worship software (songshow plus) and powerpoint. I'm needing a good card that has two analog monitor outputs. One will go to the computer monitor and the other will go to a splitter that feeds the stage monitors and the overhead projector. Any help would be great appreciated.

So far, I've found the 16MB Matrox Millennium G200 PCI Dual VGA SGRAM G2+DUALPPL but it seems that 16MB of video memory is really small.

Thanks again!
Kevin

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Are you looking for only a PCI video card or would you be able to use an AGP card? Because I use an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 Series card and it hase the exact type of dual monitor support your looking for. The only thing is thats its an AGP card (which by the way is a lot better quality and price than a PCI so if you can go for an AGP). Also, do you need a standard PCI card or could you use a PCI Express card (which are also more abundant in the marketplace than a regular PCI)?

I found a fairly good PCI card that meets all of your requirements, now assuming that your software doesn't have any extremely high end graphics (such as Doom 3 or other high end games) then this card will be perfect for you. Plus the price isn't bad.

http://www.pny.com/p...eam/5500PCI.asp

Let me know if this helps.

--Chris

cadconversions

cadconversions

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the quick reply Chris. The computers are at the church so I don't have them infront of me to check, but yesterday I pulled the system info and both computers are low end units with PCI graphics cards.

I did come across this card at newegg and thought it looked good:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814139144

The program is just text over static backgrounds but we would like to start adding some motion items behind the text once we get the new card going.

Thanks again!
Kevin

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
That card looks like a winner, I hope the transition goes smoothly!

--Chris

cadconversions

cadconversions

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the advice. I'll try to let you know how it goes when it gets in.