Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OK, a REALLY dumb question!

• Please log in to reply

gazzelle

gazzelle

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Please, what does the following message mean? How do I hijack a log? What does "see my signature" mean?

if you would post a hijackthis log (see my signature), I am sure someone can pick out the problem starters...if there is a malware infection present, you will be directed to a different forum

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi Gazelle,

No question is ever a dumb question.

There are probably hundreds of people just like you but are too afraid to ask.

Here we go with an explanation.

Many of the helers on this site have a signature tag line that appears in the bottom of each post they make that gives links to click or advice

In the case you refer to the helper is informing you to click on a link that will take you to a different page that will advise you of what you need to do to get help.

In this case it is to our "what you need to do first page" which gives you certain instructions to follow and then to post a Hijackthis log so that it can be analysed and you can then then be advised what to do to cure your problems.

If you click the link below it will take you to that page and you can then read easy instructions of what you need to do

CLICK HERE

Edited by usetobe, 11 July 2005 - 01:26 PM.

gazzelle

gazzelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you, useatobe, for your kind reply.

My pappy usta say, "The only kind of dumb question is one that gets you a smart answer."