Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP REBOOTS

• Please log in to reply

DISCOVERYMAN

DISCOVERYMAN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: HELP, I FORMATTED MY HARD DRIVE WITH MAX BLAST 3, I THEN INSTALLED XP PRO AND NOW MY COMPUTER REBOOTS IN A LOOP. JUST BEFORE THE REBOOT THERE IS AN ERROR MESSAGE BUT IT GOES BY TO FAST TO MAKE OUT.

ERROR MESSAGE AS CLOSE AS I CAN GET = A OPERATION WAS ATTEMPETED TO A VOLUME ???????

ANY SUGGESTIONS

I HAVE RELOADED XP MANY TIMES

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
System specs?

Did you format with Dynamic overlay?

How far into the boot can you get?

Can you boot into safe mode?

makai

Edited by makai, 11 July 2005 - 06:45 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Tap your delete key at boot and see if you can either shut off the auto reboot from the menu, or boot into safe mode. Post back.

Johanna

DISCOVERYMAN

DISCOVERYMAN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
THANKS FOR REPLYS, DELETE DOES NOT GET ME INTO BIOS OR END REBOOT. I GET PASS THE XP WINDOWS SCREEN THEN IT READS SETUP RESTARTING THE IT GOES TO THE ERROR MESSAGE AND REBOOTS. I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY DYNAMIC OVERLAY BUT I DID DO A FORMAT AND SETUP USUNG THE CD THAT CAME WITH THE NEW HD.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Dynamic disk overlay is basically software that disk manufactures use for helping motherboards bios's that don't normally support larger disk sizes. That's the basic definition, anyways.

The reason I asked is because I have heard of DDO causing problems with XP sometimes.

Why don't you try to format your disk again using Maxblast and try a reinstallation.

makai