Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gfx card issues

• Please log in to reply

kasik

kasik

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
ok i just bought an amd 64 3000+ and an msi k8t-neo2-f

at first i had problems just getting power to my case fans for some unknown reason but that is now resolved.

now when i boot her on nothing shows up on my monitor like its not sending anything to my vid card. i tryed everything in the sticky since it doesnt make any beeps without ram in it, and nothing has worked. a person on here said my motherboard might not be compatible with the new amd 90nm core since its a 3000+ venice. if anyone has any ideas on what the problem could be i would appearciate it.

(ps. also its very hard to seat the agp card in this motherboard but im pretty sure its in there securely when i have tryed it. its due to case design)

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. Have you checked to make sure the system speaker is working? If you boot up without ram installed, you should hear beep errors. If you don't, either the motherboard is bad or your system speaker isn't working.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
As long as it is a 939 mobo it should work ok. Have you tried clearing the cmos and configuring your bios from scratch, also make sure that your bios has the gfx set to the agp slot.

kasik

kasik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
no i dont hear any system beeps, but with onboard sound i wasnt sure if it would translate to that, i have tried clearing the cmos, but how am i to config the bios when i get no video?

kasik

kasik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
bump any ideas?