Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My system is beebing but not the right way

• Please log in to reply

srw

srw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Heres the scoop, my computer stated slowing down, locking up, 2 months ago I changed the power supply...yesterday it worked until i left for a while and came back..it started beeping, skips the floppy test, and after the master and second disk thing goes through it tells me theres no keyboard or keyboard issues and just keeps beeping????every 10 resets or so it makes to windows but keeps beepiing and locks up...last week i did notice it starting to go i couldnt open the task manager with ctr alt del....any ideas,,,,is it processor, hard drive , motherboard?? only beeping parts are the motherboard as far as I know...but its not the same beep as boot it its constant....

i had AVG virus scanner...all this started when i went to uninstall it and reload a new one for free use??

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Could be your bios power/monitor circuit warning you about high temps.

Open your case immediately and check to see if the Processor fan is spinning. Also check the Northbridge/Southbridge fans if they are spinning. In fact check all the fans!

If it is a temp problem due to fans, your motherboard may soon fry!

SO DO IT NOW!

makai

Edited by makai, 11 July 2005 - 11:41 PM.

srw

srw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
will do thanks