Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

log file here [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been getting a popup that I cannot get to go away, everytime I run IE. Also my adaware will not run all the way through and when it does the reg keys it finds rewrithe themselves immidiatly after being deleted. I have even deleted them as admin and the just come back. ANyway here is the log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:56:43 PM, on 7/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: CATLEvents Object - {581F22DA-7202-4F21-AEF3-114787156016} - C:\WINDOWS\system\pcun.dll
O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {B8B55274-0F9A-41E5-9067-A3539BD9E860} - C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\playdisk.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HTpatch] C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSUSBRG] C:\WINDOWS\SiSUSBrg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [*WinLogon] C:\WINDOWS\repair\runcat.exe ren my_time:1121144023
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1120468879711
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft.../as5/asinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: expmain - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ipinfo - C:\WINDOWS\java\classes\ipinfo.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: mfc - C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\mfc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: mfcrun - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: pcun - C:\WINDOWS\system\pcun.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: playdisk - C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\playdisk.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tcpdvd - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: wavebas - C:\WINDOWS\Cursors\wavebas.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 and I will be helping you today.

I am working on your log. As soon as I made a good fix for this, I will post a reply. Thank you for your patience.

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Please SAVE THIS PAGE or secure a PRINT COPY of the instructions for reference.
It is highly recommended that you install your HijackThis Tool in a safe location where you can easily find them. It is suggested you place them in C:\HJT, that way it could create backups necessary for future restore.
1.) Follow these steps to download and run the tool:

1. Download the FixVundo.exe
2. Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
3. Do NOT run the tool yet.

2.) Please download [ Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 ].

1. Install Spybot S&D, accepting the Default Settings
2. In the Menu Bar at the top of the Spybot window you will see 'Mode'. Make certain that 'default mode' has a check mark beside it.
3. Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
4. Click the button to ‘Search for Updates’ then download and install the Updates.
5. Once the update is complete, do NOT run the scans yet.
6. Close Spybot S&D

3.) Download and install Cleanup. Do NOT run it yet.

Reboot in SAFE MODE. (How to boot in Safe Mode...)

1. Close all the running programs.
2. Locate the file FixVundo.exe that you just downloaded.
3. Double-click the FixVundo.exe file to start the removal tool.
4. Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.

Important: Do not launch any new applications while the tool is running.

5. Restart the computer again in SAFE MODE.
1. Open Spybot, next click the button ‘Check for Problems'
2. When Spybot is complete, it will be showing ‘RED’ entries bold 'Black' Entries and ‘GREEN’ entries in the window
3. Make certain there is a check mark beside all of the RED entries ONLY.
4. Choose ‘Fix Selected Problems’ and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.
5. Close Spybot
We will now fix the remaining problems with HijackThis. Please close all remaining windows, disconnect from the internet, open HijackThis then click SCAN. Please put a check on the following items listed below:

O2 - BHO: CATLEvents Object - {581F22DA-7202-4F21-AEF3-114787156016} - C:\WINDOWS\system\pcun.dll
O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {B8B55274-0F9A-41E5-9067-A3539BD9E860} - C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\playdisk.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [*WinLogon] C:\WINDOWS\repair\runcat.exe ren my_time:1121144023

Make sure to double check the items you have selected, then click Fix Checked.
Be sure to View Hidden and System Files.

Through Windows Explorer, delete the following folder(s) or files(s) if they exist (in bold):
  • C:\WINDOWS\system\pcun.dll
  • C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\playdisk.dll
  • C:\WINDOWS\repair\runcat.exe
Finally, Empty Recycle Bin

Now run CleanUp. When you click the Close button you will be prompted to reboot in Normal Mode, agree to it.

Run the FixVundo.exe removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
  • Close all windows, open HijackThis then SCAN.
  • Post a NEW HijackThis Log.
  • Post the result from Spybot S&D
  • Please tell me how your system is working now.

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.