Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot upload photos from Kyocera camera

• Please log in to reply

bullwinkle8

bullwinkle8

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I own a Kyocera M410 digital camera (I bought it after extensive research, and I now regret it!)

I am trying to upload its photos into Windows XP pro. The camera docs say nothing about the process, indicating that it should just work. The problem is that the XP software tells me that the camera is empty when it is not. I can see the pictures in the camera's screen. It also tells me that the picture card is full and again, it is not.

Can anyone help me through this process? It shouldn't be this difficult but I've tried several times to work it out without success.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
some cameras need driver installed in addition to the uploading software. This driver would enable XP to recognise a mass storage device and detects its settings.
check the CD's provided with your camera, there could be a CD for the driver in addition to the software.

angels-high

angels-high

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi Bullwinkle

My advice....buy a Card Reader like a DAZZLE , then put you card into it and copy them that way.

I have a Canon and also have problems with uploading and XP finding the Camera so went down this path.

Its a lot easier and thanks to XP just Plug and Play.

AH

:tazz:

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
I have a canon camera, I had no problems with it. I just had to install the software and driver, XP detects it straight away when it is plugged in and prompts me for options like downloading pictures etc.

It sounds like a driver issue for your camera.

mjobmi

mjobmi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Bullwinkle,
Don't know if your problem has been solved but here we go.

I have the M410 (and love it) it came with a USB card reader. Insert memory card you can connect to PC, open mass storage device. You don't need product CD for this.You will be able to copy files (then delete on card). Or you can connect camera to PC with supplied cable. XP has all the drivers you need. If this doesn't work you may have problems with your USB port. This link may help

http://www.kyoceraim...al=300390&film=

bullwinkle8

bullwinkle8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your help and I'd like to thank everyone who replied.

Yeah, I did finally figure it out - by looking at the photo card as a drive and copying the files from there into the PC, which is what you just told me to do.

I've got that one licked but no one can help me on my BIG problem...

Why can't I execute links in Incredimail?????????????????