Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Simple but Frustrating?

• Please log in to reply

MMCHammer

MMCHammer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well i got a new phone recently and it uses a small mmc card for its memory. my cousin gave me an extra one that he doesnt use and a removal unit. Im not sure of the name, but i call it that because the rsmcc card is tiny and it needs a removal unit to remove it from the reader. i was pretty lucky with that because my phone came with a 32 mb rsmcc, while the one my cousin gave me was 256 rsmcc. so i get home and pop it in my
computer with a built in rs/mcc reader to see if there was anything left on it. i check it out and am ready to remove the card. i pull it and the removal unit snaps off and its stuck in there. the next day, i look at best buy and circuit city to see if they sell rsmmc cards or the removal unit separetly - none. also, the guy at radioshack didnt have a clue what i was talking about...
at the end of the day, i have no luck. tomorrow, im gonna try to check out frys to see if they have it there.
im turning to forums for help today. this is actually my first post and im sorry if its not in the right area.
so my problem is that my rsmmc card is stuck in my computer. i havent opened my computer up yet to see if i can take it out from the inside, but thats one of the options. another option is to get tiny swiss army tweezers and try to pluck it out, but im not sure if it will scratch the card.

does anyone have a tip or solution to share?
thanks guys

RSMMC and Removal Unit

My computer. Hp Media center PC 973n

I hope these images help. There here to give you an idea of whats going on.

Advertisements