Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Jumpy FPS

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
When playing games my fps can't stay at a steady fps even thought my ping is usually between 80-100 or so. My fps can flucuate from as high as 95 to about 30 and sontimes lower. What can i do to keep it more steady because it can be annoying when it goes from 80+ to 30 and shhoot back up to 80. It gets to jumpy and is a hassle to play.

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
First of all,which game is this?
And whats your video?
Now here is a possible reason:
Ok, FPS is affected by 2 things. Usually your FPS lowers when your videocard is rendering more complex objects(quality) or just more objects(quanity). Another thing causing your FPS to drop is CPU usage. This is common on PCs with weak CPUs and strong Video cards. The drop in framerate is caused not by lag in graphical rendering but rather by the inability of the cpu to proccess threads quick enough, such as AI.
Also, not likely, but your PSU could be giving irregular voltages. But, thats not common.

I hope this helps. :tazz:

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 12 July 2005 - 08:33 AM.