Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Passworded

• Please log in to reply

kewlnsol

kewlnsol

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
K guys lets see how clever you realy are.

Where i work we have items pawned in against cash, if they dont redeem in 28 days we sell it. Now i have a laptop here thats gotta go on sale, we cant contact the previous owner.

ITS A --->Samsung X10
FCC ID:a3lsx10(notebook pc)
`````````its running an official windows XP Home edition
`````````i turn it on and i get

----- OMNIPASS ROM VERSION 0.41
------ A SCREEN SHOWING A SQUARE FOR THE PRINT WITH AND OR OPTION FOR A PASSWORD

THE SENSOR IS UNDERNEETH THE MOUSE PAD BOUT 1CM X 1CM BIG

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
does the password "program" or "screen" whatever you want to call it, come up before or after the Windows XP startup logo is displayed?

If it is after, have you tried tbooting up in safe mode and uninstalling everything from the computer (except the operatign systems of course).

You can also opt to reformat the computer entirely, this will of course require that you re-install Windows, I dont know if that is possible at your "work".

--Chris

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You will have to reinstall windows as it would be illegal to sell a laptop with all that guys personal data on it. Get a windows disc and reinstall windows you will need to get the laptop drivers from samsung for the ingerprint scanner.

kewlnsol

kewlnsol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

does the password "program" or "screen" whatever you want to call it, come up before or after the Windows XP startup logo is displayed?

If it is after, have you tried tbooting up in safe mode and uninstalling everything from the computer (except the operatign systems of course).

You can also opt to reformat the computer entirely, this will of course require that you re-install Windows, I dont know if that is possible at your "work".

--Chris

View Post

no m8 the password screen appears before anything i cant even reach the BIOS

kewlnsol

kewlnsol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

You will have to reinstall windows as it would be illegal to sell a laptop with all that guys personal data on it. Get a windows disc and reinstall windows you will need to get the laptop drivers from samsung for the ingerprint scanner.

View Post

First the contract the guy signed hands over all rights and legal responsibility for any and all software/hoardware herein, we delete all personal information and then run a full system clean blitzing all details held on previous owner as our legal agreement states.

Second, the password screen is the first to appear so you cant even get to the bios let alone format the laptop. but thanks for your input the drivers may be a good place for me to start

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try a different HD, although this might not work if it is hardwired into the computer. Otherwise samsung would be able to help you from there techsupport there is probably a fiendishly clever and hidden way of reseting it.

kewlnsol

kewlnsol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Try a different HD, although this might not work if it is hardwired into the computer. Otherwise samsung would be able to help you from there techsupport there is probably a fiendishly clever and hidden way of reseting it.

View Post

cheers m8 ill try that ur help is appreciated much ill see if it work and try tech supprot thnx

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
check out http://www.ubcd4win.com/ you can compile a bootable version of xp that would allow youto wipe everything from outside the OS...though...this will not be terribly helpful if the contraption doesn't boot from cd....which it sounds like it might not....though give it a shot