Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2 problems

• Please log in to reply

crrash

crrash

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
i guess it goes in here....

2 problems which are starting to bug me...

since 2 days ago or so (the only thing i did there was to install a game "in memoriam" and the shockwave player which came with it... and i used spybot... thats all) sometimes i cant interact with anything on the screen, but the mouse still moves... after sometime the screen goes black for some seconds and then everything goes to normal

i say sometimes, as i stilll didnt notice in which occasions that happens

usbport.sys
bluescreen when trying to shutdown the computer with an error message about usbport.sys
i hadnt any problem with that because it stopped happening for sometime, but last night it happened again

Advertisements

TogTogTogTog

TogTogTogTog

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Try running the programs below,
Then if that dosn't fix it try posting a hijack This log in Malware
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
give the stop error on the usb error.

the other error does not sound like malware to me...next time it occurs, note the time then check the event viewer

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

crrash

crrash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
this is the log file.. i do recognize some ad/spy/whateverware.

but which program sshould i get?

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, I still do not believe that this is a malware problem, but you definitely are infected

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

crrash

crrash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
mmh it happened again at 10:04, but theres nothing in the event thingy... but i do have some anonymous logons.. what are they? i do have a firewall, and ewido finally got rid of all malware, so do you think Zone Alarm let something through or is it just a normal conntion for azureus or download accelerator... do you think i should get another firewall?
oh well i should post these questions in the malware forum

crrash

crrash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
uhm yeah... it happaned about 10 times after another... and now once again

nothing in the event manager
the screen just freezes for a second then becomes completely black, and then everything works, once again

i need help