Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Required

• Please log in to reply

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello people,

I am in dire need of help. I was having difficulty booting up my system, but eventually after booting in safe mode and then running Norton's Disk doctor I managed to get the OS up and running again.

Everything on the machine is fine but i have a pop up box named Wlan Monitor coming up repeatedly (one per second) accompanied with a REALLY annoying beep. The pop up box itself states that

Failed to open the Registry Key
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0010

I have checked the registry and this Key is missing. I have tried various Registry Repair titles to try and sort this out but nothing seems to work. How can I replace this key, I really don't want to have to flatten this machine!!!

Any help would be most appreciated

;) :tazz:

Advertisements

TogTogTogTog

TogTogTogTog

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
After booting up in safe mode try running some virus scans,
like the ones below
Also what is Wlan Moniter

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318} is a key in the registry whose subkey store info about ur network interfaces.
Re-install ur network interface driver.

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318} is a key in the registry whose subkey store info about ur network interfaces.
Re-install ur network interface driver.

View Post

Thank you kindly Sir. Worked a treat. You truly are wise.

case closed.

:tazz: