Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp

• Please log in to reply

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
hello. ok i got a warniong msg from my comp last night telling me my paging file was too small. well here are the settings

Initial size: 720 MB
Maximum size: 3000 MB

Minimum allowed: 2 MB
Recommended: 718 MB
Currently allocated 767 MB

why would i receive that type of error msg after i changed the maximum size of the paging file to 3000MB. i was told that this would solve the problem. yet i got the msg again.

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I'm not sure that this is the problem/solution, but I've seen spy/adware in the past that clogged a pagefile immediately on boot-up. I would suggest trying Adaware or a similar spyware removal tool to see if that is the case with your machine.

If this doesn't work, PM me and I'll see what else I can find out for you.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Try using the "system managed" option instead of "Custom"

Jmody

Jmody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
ok i have changed the setting to system managed. also i am going to run those adware programs and see if that helps at all. thank you

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Do NOT PM the Sloth if you feel you have malware problems.. There is a group of very well-trained individuals here in the Malware Forum (see the link in my signature) that are more than willing to help you out with any malware problems you may be having..

If "The Sloth" wishes to help in Malware removal then they should take the appropriate steps and join Geek U !!!!

Murray

Just an update.. I have seen where "The Sloth" has requested entrance into Geek U...

Edited by Murray S., 12 July 2005 - 07:44 PM.