Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After installing WinXP Pro

• Please log in to reply

plizz

plizz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I have a Toshiba notebook with WinXP Home edition preinstalled. I have just installed WinXP professional (new installation). From the device manager, I figured out that drivers are not installed for the devices under "Other devices" (PCI modem, ethernet controller, multimedia audio comtroller, video controller, video controller (VGA compatible))
Is that why I could not go on the internet or hear any sound from the media player?

Could you help me please...
Thanks

Advertisements

plizz

plizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,
I have a Toshiba notebook with WinXP Home edition preinstalled. I have just installed WinXP professional (new installation). From the device manager, I figured out that drivers are not installed for the devices under "Other devices" (PCI modem, ethernet controller, multimedia audio comtroller, video controller, video controller (VGA compatible))
Is that why I could not go on the internet or hear any sound from the media player?

Could you help me please...
Thanks

View Post

I forgot to mention that I do not have the software CDs to do reinstall or anything.