Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Players!

• Please log in to reply

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Hi guys ;) I have d/l a video file from the web, through 'bitorrent' I usually have no problem playing on any player (though I prefer WMP for the simplicity & convenience) but this one doesn't want to play on any of them ...... :tazz: it's a .rar file, which I have never heard of! I d/l Winrar, but that's completely beyond my understanding, though I tried, and it changed to an .avi - but again when attempting to play, getting the message "Class Not Registered" can anyone help me please? it's quite a large file, more than 1 GB, and it took hours & hours to d/l, almost a whole months d/l allowance! I would really appreciate help: ........ ;) so any offers please fromsome kind Lady or Gentleman?
Sorry for being so much of a dill, and no doubt a bit of a pain!

Thanks heaps,

Ricky

Edited by Ricky_22, 12 July 2005 - 08:27 AM.

Advertisements

cwld87

cwld87

• Pip
  • 8 posts
it seems that your file was kinda compacted by winrar...sth like winzip so u should try to unzip it using winrar

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
.rar files are like .zip they are compressed archives not media files. Use WinRAR to extract them.
U said the file is > 1GB. So maybe it might even parts of another rar file within itself.
Tell me when u open the rar file in WinRAR, do use one or 2 files or around 50 (or even greater)

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Download this software

http://www.headbands...gspot252dl.html

you'll need to un-rar it too. Use it to open your video. You may need to install it first. When the screen appears go Alt+Print screen, paste the image into Paint or any other image editor. Save it as .jpg and post it here as an attachment. Then I can tell you about it, if you can't tell from the information provided.

Edited by Tyger, 12 July 2005 - 03:39 PM.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

.rar files are like .zip they are compressed archives not media files. Use WinRAR to extract them.
U said the file is > 1GB. So maybe it might even parts of another rar file within itself.
Tell me when u open the rar file in WinRAR, do use one or 2 files or around 50 (or even greater)

View Post

How exactly to I extract them? I used the wizard and ended up with 2 actual files, both approx 670 MB - one wouldn't play at all, (Class not recognized) the second one went through the motions of playing, without picture or sound ;) sorry guys, I am so confused .... I told you I was a dill ;) and I just hate to waste all of that 1.4GB of d/l :tazz: it's actually a movie and the file is WP-visa.rar ? if that helps.

Ricky

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Download this software

http://www.headbands...gspot252dl.html

you'll need to un-rar it too. Use it to open your video. You may need to install it first. When the screen appears go Alt+Print screen, paste the image into Paint or any other image editor. Save it as .jpg and post it here as an attachment. Then I can tell you about it, if you can't tell from the information provided.

View Post

Did what you said, but it wouldn't/couldn't render it though! sorry, my printscreen doesn't work :tazz:

Ricky

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

it seems that your file was kinda compacted by winrar...sth like winzip so u should try to unzip it using winrar

View Post

I did that (I think) :tazz: using the wizard - but thank you very much ;)

Ricky

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I did that (I think) ;) using the wizard - but thank you very much :)
Ricky

View Post

Oh dear, I'll have to delete this file if I can't use it before the end of this month! I'll need the HD space :tazz:

Thnx for your replies guys,

Ricky