Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

• Please log in to reply

metalmarsh77

metalmarsh77

• Pip
  • 8 posts
the blue screen would come up once windows was loaded. I just took my computer in to a repair shop and he said all my services were turned off and that was causing the blue screen issues. He turned the services on and booted it 4- 5 times with no problems. I hope this solves my problems although I feel that such a simple fix might not have solved it. I guess i will in time. I really appreciate you trying to help me with this!
Thank you

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I just took my computer in to a repair shop and he said all my services were turned off and that was causing the blue screen issues. He turned the services on and booted it 4- 5 times with no problems.

OK you failed to let me know that but I am glad it was resolved, If ALL SERVICES were turned off I am really surprised anything was working correctly to be honest.

ineedhelp01

ineedhelp01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone. This information is very resourceful. Although, I do not see one stop message code. I was wondering if you could me with this one.

Stop: 0x0000008E
(0xc0000005,0xf738971,0xED295380,0x00000000)

Thank you very much, in advance. :)

Edited by ineedhelp01, 25 December 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
CHEATHAWK1, any infor on STOP: 0x000000E (0xC000005, 0x00000000, 0xF789E0058, 0xF789DD058) I have a post yesterday stating the I strongly believe that mine was casued be not enough disc space when trying to run XP Pro repair to resolve another issue.

witty

witty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks for your precious info

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I know, this is a old thread, but just in case anyone is reading this, a Stop 0x9C is a Machine Check Exception, which is an hardware error raised by the CPU, it is very similar to a Stop 0x124. Basically, you have a hardware problem, and need to run diagnostic tests to find the issue. A dump file is always helpful.

Rinkydink

Rinkydink

• Pip
  • 6 posts
what would c0000139 be? >_<

MarlanaC

MarlanaC

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have MS XP home SP3. My last three blue-screen Stop errors are: *** STOP: 0x0000008E ,,, NO_PAGES_AVAILABLE 0x0000004D ,,, BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019. I may know why it's doing this i took out my hard drive and my 2 mem slot things and I also unhooked some of the white-ends cords that are hooked up to stuff on the inside of the computer where all the wires are I may have hooked them in the wrong places. I was trying to stop anyone from using my computer while i was gone for a week.

Edited by MarlanaC, 11 January 2014 - 09:25 PM.

MarlanaC

MarlanaC

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Also I don't have my disks for my computer. I did a system restore that made no difference, not a factory restore I tried a factory restore and nothing happened it just started up normal. I have no viruses according to my Avast boot-scan :-)

kelvinb

kelvinb

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Anyone Any Idea what 

STOP:  0  x  00000024  means  :headscratch:

cheers

Kelvin

Advertisements

Bazingaa

Bazingaa

• Pip