Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I got this error on a blue screen...
stop 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0xF12B2878, 0x00000000)
after extensive googling, it told me it must be a hardwar problem, but I never once touched the hardware....
what could be the problem?

Advertisements

Wesdog784

Wesdog784

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
For Ox24 what if you can't start your computer up? Mine just stops in the middle of the blue bar loading thing and then pops up the blue screen of death! Giving me the Ox24 error message.

PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS!!!

jess3706

jess3706

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Help!
First, thanks in advance for helping all us dummies who have NO CLUE! I get 0xF4 error. Can't even work on my computer. Every time I start it up it shows my background but before my icons even pop up, it goes to this appropriately named blue screen of death.
P.S. - Is myspace really that horrible for your pc? I have a stopzilla something or other and the guy said it was the same as norton or mcafee. Did I get took?

jess3706

jess3706

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Gonna move that last reply to a new topic I guess. Oops!

Sparkle365

Sparkle365

• Pip
  • 1 posts
***STOP: (0xc0000006, 0x80535e23, 0xb8f6f4ac, 0x00000000)

And after restarting, i got a message, I think it said "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" and it also said that it was caused by the antivirus software. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

Please help!

Edited by Sparkle365, 21 December 2007 - 03:25 AM.

RavenZero

RavenZero

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry I'll repost this in correct area.

Edited by RavenZero, 31 January 2008 - 06:42 PM.

Lordcyberbob

Lordcyberbob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys
new to your forum could do with some advice fixing mates laptop and when updating windows have 2 updates left to do Microsoft net framework 2.0 3.0 and i get the bsod with the following codes i have got from the event viewer
0x0000009c,(0x0000000,0x805535f0,0x2a000000,0x84010400
real pain in the neck as i done a factory restet on toshiba satt a60 and work ok updated all until this last 2 updates then started to crash trying a defrag on hd as we speak but any ideas would be great
thanks
Lordcyberbob :)

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Just a quick question, can malware cause stop errors?

n8dawg412

n8dawg412

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I received the blue screen of death but my computer quickly shut off after that and then restarted. After it restarted i received a message that said, windows has restarted or recovered from a serious error. I was shown the two files that caused this error i guess, which were:
C:\DOCUME~1\Nathan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7559.dir00\Mini030308-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Nathan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7559.dir00\sysdata.xml
I also received this information, which I do not understand what any of it means. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : F9230000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F82D5988 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Thanks

darthblade11

darthblade11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had exactly that same problem..... I fixed it by uninstalling nvatabus.sys from my system.... i didnt have the problem again....

Advertisements

kgb

kgb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had few of this errorrs on my new computer,at the end it was RAM what caused it.

Sue Schmitt

Sue Schmitt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been having several different problems assosciated with this computer. I have a Compaq Presario V6000 with 120g HD, CD-DVDRW. I had only had this computer for a year and the original hard drive fried on me and I had to get another one installed. Since installation, I have had numerous problems with it the first being the blue screen of death. I get a message telling me that my system is doing a physical dump of memory. When the system reboots itself I get the error box saying this computer has recovered from a serious error and I send the error report. Then I get sent to a Windows "support" screen that tells me Windows does not recognize one or more of my drivers. I have updated all the driver in this computer and it still does it. The worse thing I have happening is that the cursor jumps all over the place. It literally moves any where and I'm typing along and everything is a mess. It will highlight words and delete them and I didn't ask for it. This is driving me more crazy than the crashes. It only started doing this after I got the new hard drive. Can anyone help with this?

Sue Schmitt

Sue Schmitt

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have been having several different problems assosciated with this computer. I have a Compaq Presario V6000 with 120g HD, CD-DVDRW. I had only had this computer for a year and the original hard drive fried on me and I had to get another one installed. Since installation, I have had numerous problems with it the first being the blue screen of death. I get a message telling me that my system is doing a physical dump of memory. When the system reboots itself I get the error box saying this computer has recovered from a serious error and I send the error report. Then I get sent to a Windows "support" screen that tells me Windows does not recognize one or more of my drivers. I have updated all the driver in this computer and it still does it. The worse thing I have happening is that the cursor jumps all over the place. It literally moves any where and I'm typing along and everything is a mess. It will highlight words and delete them and I didn't ask for it. This is driving me more crazy than the crashes. It only started doing this after I got the new hard drive. Can anyone help with this?

Well here's an update with what I've learned from my computer problems maybe it will help others. I finally resorted to calling HP/Compaq and got their online tech support. Unfortnately, I had to fight with them to prove that I did indeed pay for a 3 year warranty on this computer. As a tip to everyone save those receipts when you purchase your computers if you call for support they need all that stuff. I had to fax over my receipt for my purchase before I even got any help at all. The online techs are very nice tho and remember even tho you may be frustrated with what is going on with your computer they didn't make the computer so it's not their fault no use hollering at them. Once we got the warranty issues straightened out I got some good assistance. I was able to correct the touchpad problem with just an update to the driver. Since I had no clue as to what type of driver I had for the touchpad it was impossible for me to find the correct updated download for it. I'm just tickled pink that at least my crsor doesn't jump all over now. However I am still getting the blue screen of death. Not even downloading the current driver for it has completely stopped these crashes but they are happening less frequently now. I will be getting back on with HP/Compaq to see if we have any other fixes for this problem. I'm thinking now I just have corrupted drivers somewhere because of the new HD. I have defragged my HD and did a disk clean-up. The computer is running a lot better. If you are able to jot down some of the code on the blue screen of death that is very helpful I have found out. Those codes give the techs a better idea of what is happening to your system. I still have warranty until June 18, 2008 so I'm going to try to get my money's worth before it expires.

Another question I thought about is does everyone think it is a good idea to extend warranties on an older system? I can't believe it is almost 3 years old already. Thanks for the responses.

Granite

Granite

• Pip
  • 1 posts

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA</span>

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

• If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

• Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

So I've recently been trying to figure this out for the past 2 hours. I'm not too smart with computers, except for I've been trying to figure out how to remove this certain hardware/software. I've tried to do this in 'Safe Mode' but when I select safe mode the blue screen just pops back up. Is there a way to fix this without just reformatting everything?

Leonard1

Leonard1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too get blue screen error messages (see below) whenever I do any scan, i.e., virus, malware, adware, defrag, etc. I've tried several programs, i.e., Windows defrag, Windows OneCare, McAfee, Version Tracker Pro, AdAware, Search & Destroy, Zone Alarm. I've worked with microsoft techs, I've stopped services, rebooted in safe mode, (not sure about resetting Bios though), deleted third party software, including all of the above, used RegCure and Registry Mechanic. Is there anyway of telling what/where/how to find the culprit, driver, software causing the problem?

A problem has been detected & Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these instructions:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacture for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:
***Stop: 0x0000000A (0xE816F000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804DBC95)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.