Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

• Please log in to reply

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
i got a major problem with the blue screen of death.i downloaded a debugging tool and found out what caused the bsod its a driver called NDIS.sys which i dono wat is it but its been causing a lot of bsod.

Advertisements

iman7

iman7

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have been having BSoD errors at log in and I'm trying to isolate the program that is causing it. I thought it was the new pentablet. But I still got the errors, then I thought it was Thoosje Vista Side bar and rocket dock but I have removed those to no avail. Now I think it was DAP since I was able to boot up by ending it's process. I may be wrong. But help Please.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXECPTION

0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x80541F0, 0B2000000, 0x0007F0F)

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Is Bad_Pool_Caller the same as Bad_Pool_Header?
Because I got that message.

rwood0901

rwood0901

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running XP MediaCenter on the hard drive, but I have tried booting to my Windows 2000 Cd so I could access the recoverary consolete.

The system will not boot from hard drive OR cd. When I boot from CD drive, I get:

BLUE screen
Stop 0x0000007B (3 sets of #'s) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

When i boot from HD, I get:
BLACK screen
Windows could not start because followinf file corrupts or missing
\windows\system32\config\system

I was told to run the recovery console and run command FIXMBR. If I cannot boot from the CD, what are my options?

thanx

rw

Columbus

Columbus

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have read all these replies with interest but none of them solve my problem.My Bsod started when I istalled some digital camera software,my machine closed down with a BSOD )x00000007F(oooooooo,00000000,000000000 it advised my to close down and get into safe mode when I tried I got a list of drivers and then a blue screen.I managed to get things up and running again but now when I try to use any new gear,Webcam,Card Reader,USB Hub,Flash drive I get BSOD each time.Today when I started up I got a message that a serious problem had occurred which had been reported to Miocrosoft as follows:
BC Code: 1000007f.BCO1.00000000 BCP2.00000000.BCP300000000
OS.Ver:5_1_2600 SP3_0 Product 768_1
This is a first for me.I have done diagnostic checks with Check-it,and Dell (My system is Dell2400) with just the bare minimum attached,Power,monitor,mouse,keyboard .What can I do to get my system back so that I can attached any peripherals I want or do I need a re-install????

Sobber

Sobber

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had My Computer for about 8 years now... I built it myself... I've been updating it along the way but with no problems untill recently... The last thing i Changed in it was my hard drive about a year ago... I've Been Playing WoW (World Of Warcraft) for the past few years with no issues until a few days ago... My problems started out little then grew to BSoD. At first it was laggy while playing the game... Then later on it would shut the game down... Which progressed to Rebooting the computer out of no where... and now I get the BSoD... The only way i can some what fix it is going in to BIOS and disable CPU L1 Cache... Which has to do with The CPU fastest memory... By doing so, My computer run EXTREAMLY slow... Like 30 min plus on Boot-ups... and 5-10 min to load Internet... I reinstalled Windows Completly. And all my drivers from the apporpriate websites... But I'm still Getting the BSoD... I ran so many tests on it i feel like i'm back in school... From Device tests to memory tests... none showed anything wrong So i went ahead and flashed my BIOS and Updated them Also.... With a freash Clean slate it still giving my that stupid screen... And the funny thing is... It has no code on whats wrong.. it just tells my to disable cache and video shadowing Uninstall/reinstall hardware... Is my CPU going to bite the bucket soon? That would mean i need a whole new system because of how old mine is now... Any Ideas?

cef_SoothSayer

cef_SoothSayer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had two PCs that CONSTANTLY received the BSOD with "Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". My system uptime was rarely ever over 3 hours. The cause the RAM... Not the sicks themselves, but the placement. Dual channel motherboards can be picky about the arancement. Specifically I was trying 3 sticks of 512 for 1.5gb and had to downgrade to just 2 sticks in each case in order to get stable.

Edited by cef_SoothSayer, 07 September 2008 - 12:55 PM.

Annrcks

Annrcks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i tried restarting it but it keeps giving me the blue screen of death. i just remember the last thing i did last night was trying to un-install and re-install the spore game. please tell me how to fix my computer and get rid of whatever its causing it. please..... i need my computer for school. please walk me through it on how to fix this problem. thank you in advance

here's what it says on the blue screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to be sure you have adequate disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS update. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xB9E73174, 0xBAD7ED3C, 0xBAD7EA38)

please please help me, walk me through it, i really need my desktop all my school files is in there. it was stupid of me to try to download spores. i thought i was doing it right. i dont care about the game now i might have messed up mounting it or copying the iso. please help me thank you.

please talk to me on aim or email

im using a laptop right now so i can follow your instructions. thanks in advance

LORIANN26

LORIANN26

• Pip
  • 5 posts
HI, MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING WINDOWS XP AND IT IS A DELL E310. IT WILL LOAD UP THE DESKTOP BUT ALL I GET IS EROR MESSAGES. IF I KEEP CLICKING OK OR CANCEL IT WILL BRING UP A BLUE SCREEN THAT SAYS STOP:C0000145 APPLICATION ERROR. CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX THIS? THANKS

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there everyone, I am sUBtech and i would like to express my desire to help on BSOD issue. I have a little knowledge on how to debug BSOD and advice on errors that causes BSOD. Hopefully, admin and moderators allow me to extend my services here to help everyone that is having troubles.
Thanks

Below are my guide and tutorial for those who are having problems with BSOD. Please follow accordingly so that i can assist you on your issue.
Thanks

Looking for minidump file

Go to My Computer and locate C:\Windows\Minidump or C:\Minidump. Once you have the minidump folder, please zipped the whole folder and upload it here (using add attachement function) or other web hosting page mentioned below. Please provide the link to download your file.
No minidump file available!!!How??
Do the following if you did not find your minidump file

(Window XP)
  • Right click at My Computer
  • Go to Properties
  • Look at Advanced tab then go for Startup and Recovery
  • Look at Settings and untick Automatic Restart
  • Make sure that write debugging information is Small Memory Dump (64kb)
(Window Vista)
  • Right click at My Computer
  • Go to Properties
  • Look at Advanced System Properties tab then go for Startup and Recovery
  • Look at Settings and untick Automatic Restart
  • Make sure that write debugging information is Small Memory Dump (64kb)
Posted Image

Thanks

Note: Edited for typo error

Edited by sUBtech, 17 October 2008 - 08:26 AM.

Advertisements

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
here the minidump

Attached Files

lozzely

lozzely

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, um, yeah. my computer is totally messed up.
the bsod doesn't display any information or anything when it crashes, its just totally blue, a darkish blue to be exact.
its been crashing for over 4 months now i think, well, since may or april.
so, how the heck do i stop it?
and yeah, pointing out the obvious, i could go to a professional technical person. but i thought i'd ask you people...
help......please?:S

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

hey, um, yeah. my computer is totally messed up.
the bsod doesn't display any information or anything when it crashes, its just totally blue, a darkish blue to be exact.
its been crashing for over 4 months now i think, well, since may or april.
so, how the heck do i stop it?
and yeah, pointing out the obvious, i could go to a professional technical person. but i thought i'd ask you people...
help......please?:S

Your motherboard is totally out of its life span. Better bought a new system or try to exchange a new mobo.
Thanks

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

here the minidump

Hi there, let see what we have here.

BugCheckCode: 0XD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Caused by: NDIS.sys on Utility.exe

Cause
A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.
This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

Please refer here for microsoft support
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818326

I would suggest you to run a repair for your system.

For tutorial on how to repair your window, please read below self-guide. Thanks
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
i found out that utility.exe is my wireless connection.But eventhough i turned off my wireless modem it still gives me BSOD.Will the fix windows XP guide fix my BSOD problems forever?