Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

• Please log in to reply

sylvrewlfe

sylvrewlfe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone, thanks so much for having a place for all us computer novices to come and beg for help. :)

That being said, beg is exactly what I intende to do. Heh..
I wasnt sure if I was supposed to start a new thread or reply to this one, since it's the same topic, so I just added to this one. I'm sorry if I should have done something else. I'm working on borrowed time here before my computer BSoDs on me again.

Like most people here I've been trying every which way I can think of (or come across online) to try and fix the issue on my own, and I'm really at a loss. I've gotten a plethora of different messages in the stop errors, some of which are (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, file Nv4_disp infinite loop, and system32/drivers/ntsf.sys just as a few) Now keep in mind this laptop has been send back to HP twice before due to the beeps of death (lots of death) One long adn two short beeps, which I was told is a video issue of some kind..
Obviously it either has not been fixed or cannot be fixed-- I was afraid I was making it worse by running a game on the computer and running it fairly hot. During this last round of blue screen errors and black screens and rolling constant restarts I did a lot of internet digging-- as every time my computer does restart and sends me to a microsoft page it tells me the error report was corrupted.if
I thought perhaps it was a driver issue, and I looked and searched for updates to my drives-- I couldn't find any really. I'm not sure if that is because there weren't any to be found, or I don't know where to find them. If I look at my device tab there are no yellow exclamation points or red Xs to be seen, it says everything is working properly.
So I thought perhaps I should simply reinstall the OS back to factory with the disks provided, which I managed to do after a great deal of frustration. I thought everything was fine for a little while, and then bam, more blue screen.

So I thought maybe it was a ram issue, and I pulled out one stick then another, when I pulled out one stick it seemed to fix the issue-- I had no more blue screen for almost two days. I went out and bought a new ram stick, and a laptop cooling pad just to be safe. And the blue screens are back.

I'm truly at a loss, I've considered it being a video adaptor issue, though I have NO idea how to deal with that.
I'm about to chalk it up to one of those things, getting hosed and moving on. But really, it's become an issue of I want to know what the issue is so I know.

Also I know sUBtech asked to add the mini dump file here but I can't seem to find it. I've disabled autoshutdown after an error, but there isnt a file named that in my computer anywhere, so who knows where that is.

In the end, any thoughts anyone has on this would be helpful, as I'm all out.

Advertisements

Elwood62

Elwood62

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello All

I would appreciate some help as i dont know alot about XP etc

I have been getting the BSOD since a new install and the Memory_management error.
stop: 0X0000001A (0X00041284, 00X06989001, 0X00002192, 0XC0883000)

i have know idea what is causing this so can you please help as it is very frustrating.

it will sit running for ages and then go to this screen. i will close outlook and start again and get it again. then i could open a web page and then get it ther is no real consistancy as to what is causing it.

Please help

Frustrated mick

Edited by Elwood62, 20 April 2009 - 12:20 AM.

Dut

Dut

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Someone else mentioned having this problem earlier in this thread. It's a BSOD that says REGISTRY-ERROR and the STOP: 0x00000000051(0x003, 0x001) and so on. We have windows xp repair disks, I believe. How can we recover the operating system?

berto85

berto85

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

try this... Go to the device manager (My computer | Control Panel | System | Hardware tab | Device manager)

Then check to see if there are any yellow question marks or red "X's" next to any of your devices. If there are then you can right click on the device with the mark and click properties. This will then give you a brief explination of whats wrong with the device, if the driver is missing then you can select to upgrade or install it.

--Chris

there are yellow questions marks next to some of my devices, I try to update this driver but it says that it could found a match and also this

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device

what can I do?

Kenny Reigh

Kenny Reigh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Can also be caused by incorrect BIOS settings, just reset your BIOS settings in that case.

Here's How To Fix Blue Screen Errors Easily.
I was having the same problems, a lot of freezes and system crashes. I had recently installed a additional drive in my notebook SATA, and I thought that was the conflict so I removed it. I had also bought OEM software and thought that may be the problem so I got a Full Retail OS and still the same thing. I kept getting messages to check newly installed hardware etc., IRQL Not Equal and to run Scandisk..... I tried everything to no avail, and then it hit me.....BAM!
I upgraded my machine from 1024 memory to 2048
memory, but the upgrade was with -----> GENERIC MEMORY", so i removed it and replaced it with the original memory and VOILA! no more Blue Screen Errors', it is that simple. So those of you who are experiencing Blue Screen Errors I am hoping you kept the original memory sticks from the manufacturer. If i do a future upgrade of memory it must and will be with a purchase from the company that manufactures
the memory that came with my machine. My machine rebooted with no errors and works flawlessly even with the OEM version software, and I had to find out the solution when i spent 100.00 more on full retail.
Get that Generic Memory the [bleep] out of there. Not all Generic Memory causes this problem, but if you have Bluescreen errors, you have purchased the kind that does. I als did a wipedrive with WipeDrive software for a 100% clean install.

misagh1

misagh1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
please help me!
For 6 month, in some period I have blue screen with this code( stop: 0x0000000A(0x000000C4,0x0000001C,0x00000000,0x8050304d)on my laptop(Dell latitude D630)and then when I turn it on and off I hang up at bios check and then for third and fourth I have blue screen at the windows startup and now there is no problem and every problem be disappear,and when I run dell diagnostic program, it cannot find any problem. also I haven't installed no hardware and software.

Thanks and best regards

Edited by misagh1, 12 August 2009 - 02:25 PM.

stepney

stepney

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello - I'm a newbie

I have BSoD error;

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0242002F, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80819B7C)

Now I can't boot into any modes or reinstall Windows XP pro - every method goes to this BSoD or repeats restart.

I was trying to install Adobe CS3 when the screen froze so I pressed restart.

Any help please!

woww

woww

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am getting the blue screen i can not get into saftey mode and this is the code STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf92321d4, 0xf96990c4, oxf9698dc0)

some one help!

noel8

noel8

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there everyone, I am sUBtech and i would like to express my desire to help on BSOD issue. I have a little knowledge on how to debug BSOD and advice on errors that causes BSOD. Hopefully, admin and moderators allow me to extend my services here to help everyone that is having troubles.
Thanks

Below are my guide and tutorial for those who are having problems with BSOD. Please follow accordingly so that i can assist you on your issue.
Thanks

Looking for minidump file

Go to My Computer and locate C:\Windows\Minidump or C:\Minidump. Once you have the minidump folder, please zipped the whole folder and upload it here (using add attachement function) or other web hosting page mentioned below. Please provide the link to download your file.

No minidump file available!!!How??
Do the following if you did not find your minidump file

(Window XP)
  • Right click at My Computer
  • Go to Properties
  • Look at Advanced tab then go for Startup and Recovery
  • Look at Settings and untick Automatic Restart
  • Make sure that write debugging information is Small Memory Dump (64kb)
(Window Vista)
  • Right click at My Computer
  • Go to Properties
  • Look at Advanced System Properties tab then go for Startup and Recovery
  • Look at Settings and untick Automatic Restart
  • Make sure that write debugging information is Small Memory Dump (64kb)
Posted Image

Thanks

Note: Edited for typo error

HI, here is my zipped minidump file. Please let me know what is going on. Thanks I just found out that my upload failed cause its 563k...how else can i upload this file to you? Possibly an email to you?

kristanow

kristanow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i've been having the same problem with my pc, it blue screens whenever i switch it on, anyone have any suggestions about what i should do? Should i re-install windows? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

Edited by wannabe1, 29 June 2010 - 04:50 PM.
Remove Spammy Link

Advertisements

tspmi888

tspmi888

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey guys

i got a deskstop..gaming rig and i got this bsod all over'

irq less or equal
ntfs
bad pool header
memory mgt

all this and some others..

i reformat and reinstalled on a diff hdd already and its the same

my rig
os is win xp home sp3
core 2 duo 8400 3 ghz
2 x 2gb corsair dominator 1066 mhz
asus pq pro turbo w bios 6202 latest
radeon 4870 1gb 9.9 catalyts
sb xf1 platinum 2.18 version latest
550 psu
1 x raptor 10k 148 gb
1 seagate 300gb 7200rpm
1 wd 280 gb 7200 rpm
1 wd elements 1 tb external drive
1 buffalo 1 tb external drive
logitech wave wireless keyboard w mouse combo

i got other peripehral such as belkin 7 port usb hub
and saitek x-45 but i have taken them out but to no avail

i guess is the ff
-- bad memory - but i switch to a 2 gb 667mhz ram and it crashed also after a few months.. but on the corsair 4gb ram this bsod happens a lot
-- corrupted hdd?? -- bec of the ntfs.. ??
-- conflict in soundcard -- just recently ( 11/3/2009) - even after installing drivers.. the pc doesnt recognize the sound card.. control panel/sound and audio devices.. the speaker tab is grayed out although the devide is enabled and is ok as per system/device manager
- also the pc doesnt recognized any usb flashdrives anymore

-- malware???

pls help before smash my rig...

toxie

toxie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
so i was going through your list of codes and im not the most saviest when it comes to computers. If someone can help me that would be great... I prefer to receive the information via email [email protected] I have received this message: STOP 0x0000007B (0xF7A2F528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Please help me someone! Thank You! :)

nvingo

nvingo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Can also be caused by incorrect BIOS settings, just reset your BIOS settings in that case.

...and then it hit me.....BAM!
I upgraded my machine from 1024 memory to 2048
memory, but the upgrade was with -----> GENERIC MEMORY", so i removed it and replaced it with the original memory and VOILA! no more Blue Screen Errors', it is that simple.

I bought my PC (from Currys) in Dec2006. Quite soon it started to exhibit the BSOD. I removed the supplied graphics card and ran the PC with the onboard (motherboard) graphics. No problem, except that uses upto 256MB of the 1GB system RAM.
In Dec2007 I upgraded the 2x512MB Dimms with 2x1024MB Dimms (Generic).
Again, frequent BSOD.
Strange, it passes memory check utils, is only problem in Windows (not Safe mode).
Future task is to try the "faulty" graphics and memory with a HDD installed with Linux and see if crashes occur.
There are no adjustable BIOS settings for memory - all automatic.
I'm assuming the problem is the motherboard, rejecting these two expansions, therefore itself probably faulty.
But it continues to run for days without issue with the 1GB and onboard graphics.

dalebr

dalebr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i cannot get past the blue screen ??

Help

Dale

Luis P.

Luis P.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i need some serious help,i have an ancient dell dimension 2400 which i want 2 fix so i can use again. by the way it runs on windows xp. i'm having problems with the "blue screen of death" but my error code isnt mentioned in the upper pages. the message is 0xc0000142 if anyone could please help me with this i would be very thankful. on another note i dont care if all the memory gets erased its all useless stuff from a long time ago.