Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

• Please log in to reply

StephenLee

StephenLee

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Try the 3 tips in this article. They are also effective ways to fix startup problems.

http://ezinearticles...t...&id=3087747

Advertisements

salonimer

salonimer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is our Blue Screen of Death STOP Code.
BCCode: 40000080 BCP1: 89C0F2F0 BCP2: 892EED20 BCP3: 805512BC
We have tried everything on our HP Compaq DX7500 from restoring to original settings to new memory sticks, off loading anti-virus programs and installing new drivers, scans, checks. You name it, we have done it. The computer works for a few hours then greets us with the Blue Screen again.
We just bought this computer in September.

We've run the whole list of repairs HP Techs have recommended...any suggestions from the geeks.

jan019

jan019

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys, i have a serious problem with my pc. It's the BSOD 0x0000007B and well i have been searching the net for 2 days now what to do with it. And 95/100 people say that i have to do some changes in my windows, ie. run the chkds, dissable antiviruses and stuff like that, but my question is how can i do this if i get stuck with the BSOD before i log into windows? My pc got ifeected with viruses and a ran 2 scans and the viruses dindt get away so i tried the scan in safe mode(i have eset nod smaart security)´, but it got stuck at 30% and stayed for 10 hours so i turned it of and i wanted to go back to the normalmode but then the BSOD happened. And acctualy the first time i got a 0x00000024 BSOD and then affter a restart i got the 0x0000007B. The question is how to get into windows and disable antiviruses and stuff like that, and how to fix it. Thanx in advance.

p_dubya

p_dubya

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,my inspirion 9300 has this blue screen problem you described above with this message:

A problem has been detected and window has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Then it say's to follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed and contact manuf. for updates.

If problems continue remove newly installed hardware.

Technical informations: ***STOP: 0x)0000000A (0x3F3F3F3F, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x804F9C6B)

Safe mode doesn't work, No matter what I try it goes back to the blue screen.
Not sure what to do, please help!!
Thaks, pw

jan019

jan019

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi guys, i have a serious problem with my pc. It's the BSOD 0x0000007B and well i have been searching the net for 2 days now what to do with it. And 95/100 people say that i have to do some changes in my windows, ie. run the chkds, dissable antiviruses and stuff like that, but my question is how can i do this if i get stuck with the BSOD before i log into windows? My pc got ifeected with viruses and a ran 2 scans and the viruses dindt get away so i tried the scan in safe mode(i have eset nod smaart security)´, but it got stuck at 30% and stayed for 10 hours so i turned it of and i wanted to go back to the normalmode but then the BSOD happened. And acctualy the first time i got a 0x00000024 BSOD and then affter a restart i got the 0x0000007B. The question is how to get into windows and disable antiviruses and stuff like that, and how to fix it. Thanx in advance.

Guys please, any help?

el_leighton007

el_leighton007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
what about the people that are really numb when it comes to computers. i got the error stop code first time that was 0x0000000A. went in safe mode. didn't know what i was looking for. went to computer right clicked went to hardware. highlighted and went to properties and nothing came up so couldn't roll back nothing, I have no CD's to install anything. and system restore doesn't work. second time the blue screen of death came up it was a different code this one was Win32.sys, adress BF8A7A5D can someone help me out. thanks

goodguy718

goodguy718

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Had these error codes right before my system ceased to bootup:
0x8a2e4358, 0x8a297c90, 10xba4ebcbc, 0x00000001

Any assistance would be great!

helpmemuchly

helpmemuchly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello my friend has issues his comp is cumming up with Blue screen of death Error code 0x000000ED

anyone have any ideas what he could do??? would be muchly appreciated thanks :)

barrubba

barrubba

• Pip
  • 1 posts
these days I have collected several blue screens of death codes 109 - 1st - 9c - 3b.
As I read on the internet, each code has its roots, but given the amount of error should I reinstall the system on a PC with brand new components! you help me? thanks
i've attached the last 2 minidump file.

Attached Files

User of Windows

User of Windows

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Dude, I am guessing your mobo is shot. And thanks for this info: I fixed my (Vista) STOP 0x9f with this (faulty disk driver) :)

Advertisements

John Kelly

John Kelly

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
worked perfect for me.. thanks!
i've been trying to fix the blue screen error on my gf's computer for months

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Here is a link to most BSOD and help on Troubleshooting Windows Stop Error Messages

http://aumha.org/a/stop.php

rcmichelle

rcmichelle

• Pip
  • 4 posts
you can try this one:
www.registryfix123.com

lynnelle

lynnelle

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i have these codes on my dell. 0x0000007b 0xf896e520 0x0000074 0x00000000 anyone have a clue??

Crawdad1000

Crawdad1000

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Help!
First, thanks in advance for helping all us dummies who have NO CLUE! I get 0xF4 error. Can't even work on my computer. Every time I start it up it shows my background but before my icons even pop up, it goes to this appropriately named blue screen of death.
P.S. - Is myspace really that horrible for your pc? I have a stopzilla something or other and the guy said it was the same as norton or mcafee. Did I get took?