Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help ... I am clueless

• Please log in to reply

bluejb

bluejb

• Pip
  • 4 posts
OK this is going to be embarrassing but I need some insights Please!
I have an older HP pavallion been a great machine not new but was working perfect until 6 wks or so ago. Started getting freeze ups and error codes stating temp WER corrupt files...not exactly sure of wording I should have written down (dumbass) removed temp files problem solved I thought WRONG ... came back ran a system registry mechanic program in safe mode worked fine for a few days then came back...then constant freezes but after restarting and erasing temp/cookies it would be good for a few days....now its completely gone to the point were when the power is on all i get is a black screen...I know its not the moniter I hooked up another computer to it and its working fine...when the system is first turned on I hear 2 short sounds I think its the cd drive then just the usual fan sound its almost like it is stuck .... Is this making sense did I fry something or is there something obvious I am missing????? its an older system so not excited about spending much to repair perhaps I should just face reality and buy a replacement but thought I would see if anyone knew a solution first??? :tazz:

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
two short sounds....beeps?

bluejb

bluejb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no more of a rev sound....vroom vroom???

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hello,

I have looked in to your situation and have come to a conclusion that Windows XP Repair will help you. Click Here to find out how.

Good luck :tazz:

bluejb

bluejb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much!! another problem I bought the computer used it has the registration info for xp taped on it however, I don't have the recovery disk do I need the disk that is registered or could I use a different xp recovery disk I may have one for a work computer???

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
You will need to contact HP on this. They should be able to get you the CD's for a fee.

bluejb

bluejb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks again for the insights...