Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows wont work out of nowhere!

• Please log in to reply

roccobladr

roccobladr

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
ok so yesterday i was just sitting at my computer and doing the normal listen to itunes and talk on AIM and out of no where my computer freezes. so i thought it was nothing and i reset it and i got an error like :
windows\system32\config\system
and then it goes on to say to do a recovery, like pop in the xp cd and hit "r"...so when i do that i get a blue screen of death error that says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" i really have no idea what to do. i reset my BIOS to default and i have no clue what to do. someone please help!

Advertisements

roccobladr

roccobladr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
pleaseee help!! this happens whenever i try to do a recovery or even a new install.

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I think you may want to post this in the appointed section.
Looks like you may have an uninvited guest.
Downloading and messaging... hmmhmmm :tazz:
Wear your latex gloves, get the antibiotica... boil the computer for 15 minutes...
No, joking, but could it be you have a virus?

roccobladr

roccobladr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
yea i guess its possible that its a virus...but the way i used to get rid of viruses was by reformatting...which i cant even do.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Reseat your memory. If you have more than one stick of ram, pull one out and restart your computer. Eventually test both sticks. This is a possible ram problem.

makai

roccobladr

roccobladr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i tested both stick of RAM. same stuff happens. i got linux to run on my machine though (without internet working ), so like i looked up all this stuff about how to fix it and its telling me to go into recovery console, but whenever i get to the thing where it tells me to select the OS, i select it and then it brings me to that blue screen. im really getting angry and im starting to consider bringing it to a repair place and letting them rip me off. please dont let it come to that!!

roccobladr

roccobladr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
ugh

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
What exactly does this mean that you did?
"i reset my BIOS to default "

Did you clear CMOS?

Johanna

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Can you get into safe mode?

If you can, run a system restore from there.

makai

roccobladr

roccobladr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
there is an option in BIOS to reset to default settings. so i did that. and when i click safe mode it brings me to the windows/system32/config/system file corrupt error.

im on linux right now and its being really really slow, so maybe it is something to do with memory or something? is there like a website that can do a hardware scan or something or a program compatible with linux or maybe a way to download that windows/system32/config/system file and replace it?

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
To do a memory check, download memtest86.
As u have linux u can download the linux binary for it.
Or u could download the Bootable ISO and burn it in linux.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I just found an Microsoft article on ur issue.
It seems that ur Registry is corrupt. And the symptons are same as yours.
Check it out. Link.

roccobladr

roccobladr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
yea ive read that article. i cant get into recovery console because when i select "windows" to boot on or whatever (after i hit R) it brings me to that blue screen with the page fault error.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Check out are pinned topic on Blue Screen of Death and there resolution.
It has "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" (Stop 0x00000050) and its solution.
Click Here

roccobladr

roccobladr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
yea ive read that too lol. the thing is, it doesnt say which specific thing is causing the problem on that blue screen. the only thing that i notice that is corrupt is the windows/system32/config/system what other memory can i try switching to see what it is? thats my only guess now is that its some type of memory. ive tried taking a stick of ram out and trying that and then the other. no help with that. what other things can i take out and try/? theres no new hardware that i have installed lately or anything that would make me suspicious. my computer froze and it stopped working out of no where.