Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Mp3 players

• Please log in to reply

ihardy

ihardy

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
i am planning to buy a mp3 player soon but i dont know which r the best(i know ipod r meant to be the best)i have about £150 to £200 to spend on one.

<ps> i want one with 5/6gb possibly with fm radio which has a gd reputation of being reliable

HELP!!!!!!!

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I like the Creative MuVu. I've used a few players, and this little number is great for the price.

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Don't know if those Apple-thingies are the best. They have the name. ( but you pay for a name too, usually )
For that kind of money (GBP 200) you should be able to find something...
Maybe google can help.

6 gigabyte AND a radio? Man, you need one helluva battery to play all that ;)

But maybe this is one for you?

Motorola m500 Digital Audio Player (5GB)
Editors' rating: 6.0 Good

Battery life: Up to 35 hours on a single charge

The good: Original design; awesome battery life; clean sound; decent menu layout; compatible with Audible and DRM-protected WMA; some extras such as FM tuner and recorder; book-marking.

The bad: Small screen; horrible joystick interface; annoying rubber USB cover; no color options other than chartreuse; occasional software glitches.

The price: $230

Featuring a unique, minimalist body design, Motorola's m500 adds to the growing subcategory of compact, midcapacity players. It's a good-sounding player if you use better headphones than the ones it ships with. The astounding statistic is the m500's battery life, which clocked in at more than 35 hours in Cnet Labs' tests, 10 hours more than Motorola's rating. Unfortunately, a poorly designed joystick makes for some rough interface navigation, and the color options are limited to chartreuse.

good luck :tazz:
Ojo

ihardy

ihardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
sounds gd these 3 i am thinking about buying i have read reviews and they score gd wat do u guys think?.

Creative zen 5gb
http://www.play.com/...EC&title=572382
Iriver H10 5gb
http://www.play.com/...EC&title=592965
Creative zen 20gb
http://www.play.com/...EC&title=577142

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I'm actually one of those weirdos who puts their PDA in their breastpocket on a long ride. ;) I have no idea what is good. I think I would prefer my mp3-player to have swappable media.
But as you can see, I'm qute spoiled...

success :tazz:
Ojo

The_KiD

The_KiD

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

I like the Creative MuVu. I've used a few players, and this little number is great for the price.

View Post

Yeah have tried a few MP3 players, including iPoD and just for ease of use I prefer the MuVo range from creative, no fancy software, no odd cable for connecting to a PC, simply take the headphones out, stick it in a USB slot and copy tracks onto it.

The sound quality is as good as, if not better than the iPoD.

The obvious let down, is the non removable storage, so with a 512mb MuVo you only get 16 hours of music, but tbh who is gonna listen to music for more than 16 hours in one sitting?

Anyways, we are giving one of these buggers away over on Tecmonkeys so if you wanna try one, but without paying the cash, have a go at designing us a logo.