Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Not Working

• Please log in to reply

jawn310

jawn310

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey guys.. i can't seem to connect to IE.. when i try to open up IE, it tries to connect to some weird IP address.. it loads for about a minute before displaying "Cannot find server"..

oh yea.. i tried repairing it and it still does'nt work!! what to do what to do?! I ran Adaware and Spybot and got my Hijack log checked.. and still nothing works..

I installed Mozilla Firefox and that works perfectly fine! but some of my programs that i use for work is setup to print from Windows IE..

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?! :tazz:

Edited by jawn310, 12 July 2005 - 03:16 PM.

Advertisements

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
What is the IP adress it is trying to connect to? Also go to internet options and go to the connections tab and make sure you dont have a PROXY turned on for it. Also try disableing your firewall and see if this fixes it.

jawn310

jawn310

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
my firewall is off and my proxy server setting is off as well.. it's still not working ;) 3

the ip address it's trying to connect to is 199.81.196.200

Any other suggestions?? :tazz:

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Well doing a whois on that IP adress returns it to the FED EX corporation. What do you have your home page set to? Do you happen to have any fed ex software installed on your pc?

jawn310

jawn310

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yea.. i do.. do you think it's the software?

my other computer works fine with the same software installed.. how come?

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Could be, try uninstalling it and see if it fixes the issue.

jawn310

jawn310

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks!! it's working now.. i just removed my fedex connection properties under the INTERNET TOOLS tab and now it's working!! thanks for finding out what that IP address was!! helped me out a lot! CNMSALES, U ROCK!!! :tazz:

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Not a problem my friend, glad we were able to get it fixed.