You can try this also.This was sent by Microsoft tech team.
I didn't need to do the steps below as mind was a BITS issue.
By the way..you are entitled to tech support when it comes to microsoft updates...free of charge
I will paste it below for you to try .
Some updates cannot be installed successfully due to the error xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I have misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.
To troubleshoot, please preform the following steps.
Step 1: Disable the software that can affect Windows Update.
The local Windows Update engine can be affected by some third party programs.
Please temporarily disable all antivirus components, the Web Trap component
of PC-cillin, Surfin Guard Pro, download accelerators/enhancements, Download
Accelerator Plus, spyware applications and other similar programs.
If this does not help, please re-enable the firewall and antivirus programs,
and then try the next step.
Step 2: Remove the temporary folder of Windows Update.
This behavior may occur if the temporary folder of Windows Update has been
corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to remove this folder.
1. Click Start, Run, type: %windir%\system32 and press Enter.
2. In the opened folder, find a folder named CatRoot2 and delete it.
If this does not help, we can try the next step.
This issue can occur if the Internet Explorer cache has been corrupted. We
can refer to the following steps to clear the cache of Internet Explorer and
test the issue.
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. On the General tab, under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files,
and then click OK to confirm.
4. Try to access the Windows Update Web site again.
Please also refer to this article to solve this issue.http://support.micro...kb;en-us;326253
Please send me a screenshot of the error message if it still does not work.
1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click Start, click Run, type MSPAINT, and click OK.
3. In Paint, click Paste under the Edit menu, click Save under the File menu,
type file name for the snap shot, choose JPEG as "Save as type", and click
4. Please send this file to the email account:
If anything is unclear or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
let me know.
If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I am glad to be of
assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Windows Support Professional
Very satisfied customers are my top priority. Please let my manager or me
know what you think of the level of service provided. You can send feedback
directly to my manager, Scott Webster[email protected]