Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot connect to exchange server

• Please log in to reply

stupac

stupac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When starting up outlook 2003 I get the message "connection to microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action" I'm connecting on a LAN. I've been searching all over the internet, but none of the solutions have worked so far. I've tried:

uninstalling and reinstalling outlook
repairing tcp/ip
downloading and installing updates for office and windows xp
disabling norton personal firewall

I'm able to ping and telnet the exchange server as well. This computer is the only one in the office that has this problem, all of the other computers work so I'm a little lost. Any ideas I can try would be very much appreciated.

thanks.
Stupac

Edited by stupac, 12 July 2005 - 03:26 PM.

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Your best option is to contact your office's Tech Support guru's. They will know the most about your network's setup and how to troubleshoot issues involving the Exchange servers.

In the meantime, you can try restarting your PC to see if that fixes anything...sometimes a restart is all you need.