Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot use IE beyond AT&T homepage

• Please log in to reply

MissMurasaki

MissMurasaki

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Recently I had to completely reinstall WinXP, and everything else on my computer. :tazz: Before the crash I had Att worldnet 6.x dialup and had no problems with installing Service Pack 2 last year. When I received the CD to reinstall Worldnet, it was upgraded to v. 8.0. Not a problem until I reinstalled SP2. Dial-up was fine, connection perfect, my homepage was just right, until I tried to click on an icon to go to another page. That d--ned page kept appearing, ;) no matter what I did, ;) typing in the URL was no good either. :help: I called AT&T, they were very nice but could only advise me to uninstall SP2 and live without it. The fellow I spoke with said there was some problem with the firewall(?) and that's why Worldnet wouldn't work. I have checked AT&T, Microsoft, Google, and other search sites to see if there was any solution, but I can't seem to find anyone else who's had this problem. :help:

Edited by MissMurasaki, 12 July 2005 - 04:43 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I could be the firewall, see if it is allowed in the firewall by going to the control panel and checking it it is allowed if not allow it, if not there add it. you could uninstall service pack 2 buy going to the add reomve programs and ticking the box up the top that says show up date and scrol down the list and remove it, see it that help. After wards reinstall it of course. You could if you wanted to change to Firefox which is a safer brozer to use. If you do so there is a Guide to set it up in the best way possible at Tweakguides.com.