Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mother Board help please?

• Please log in to reply

EzTechGuy

EzTechGuy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello I need some help or some pc xpert suggestions please?

I have a buddy that has a emachine model W2646 pc and he asked me to help him find a replacement motherboard.

emachine model W2646
emachine original MB Intel Socket 478 MicroATX Motherboard w/ onboard Video / Sound / Ethernet (Does not have AGP Video, its on board)
Celeron 2.6 Ghz. CPU

I found a nice new motherboard for $49 at tigerdirect but the motherboard doesn't match up with the emachines original motherboard and to the back of the emachine case back.

I am worried the new motherboard wouldn't fit or match up with the emachine back of case. Will it fit or not?

He doesn't want to buy another case nor spend to much money or he would buy the great deal Dell has -- NEW Dell ---- PC / Monitor / Keyboard / mouse / speakers / printer all for ----> $299 .... CLICK URL take a peek http://www1.us.dell....s=19&l=en&s=dhs

He will fix or replace the motherboard in his emachine if its not too $$$ costly see?

I am not for 100% sure his CPU is still good either.

I checked the emachines power supply with a digi multimeter and it shows 11.98 DC volts on the power cord from it.

How do ya check to see if the CPU is still good?

Here is the link to the nice new $49 motherboard Item #: G452-2406
I found at TigerDirect go click on the below link, and check it out -- http://www.tigerdire...1219143&CatId=0

Hope you pc experts can post and suggest some things and help please?

EzTechGuy
in Virginia

:tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It's a micro motherboard so it's designed to fit a micro case and use a micro power supply. so he may end up with two computers. You can only check the cpu by putting it in a compatable computer.

EzTechGuy

EzTechGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Tyger thank you for your reply.

So.... the low down on things is:

"micro motherboard so it's designed to fit a micro case and use a micro power supply"

The emachine info is below:

emachine model W2646
emachine original MB Intel Socket 478 MicroATX Motherboard w/ onboard Video / Sound / Ethernet (Does not have AGP Video, its on board)
Celeron 2.6 Ghz. CPU

I noticed on TigerDirects webpage while reading about that new MB, it says it comes with:
COMES WITH:
Gigabyte 8I845GVM-RZ Intel Socket 478 MicroATX Motherboard
User's Manual
Drivers & Utilities CD
IDE Cable
FDD Cable
I/O Back Panel Shield <---]]]]] THIS ]]]]]

I'm taking it that the Back Panel Shield is a thin metal shield panel template fits around the MB cable connections so you don't see into the case?

Am I thinking correctly?

All micro MB and case's this way?

Reply back OR anyone reply back thanks?

EzTechGuy

EzTechGuy

EzTechGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello again...

I have for myself and my wife, 2 matching DELL Deminsion 2300 pc's and LOVE Them!

Any how....

First off, here is the info. before the question im posting or asking.

Dell Deminsion 2300 Mother Board info

Identification
Deminsion motherboard manufacturer MiTAC International Corp.
Chipset Intel i845G Rev. A-1
Southbridge Intel 82801DB (ICH4)

BIOS
Brand Mitac Corp
Version A01

Display Adapter
Manufacturer Intel
Model 82845G/GL Graphics Controller Rev. 1

==========================================

OK... now...after that.

Question is....this.

Can you all help me find out what is the hightest CPU I can put in that motherboard in our 2300 pc's?

What Socket is our Dell Deminsion 2300 motherboards cpu is?

Are they for sure 100% sure Socket 423 OR what for sure Socket are they?

Ohh thank you and hope you all will post a reply?

EzTechGuy

alphaethan

alphaethan

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I don't know if anyone mentioned this already (I didn't get a chance to read this whole thread yet), but check www.newegg.com first for motherboards(mobo), they have best deals.

Good luck!

Best,

Alphaethan