Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cleanup App

• Please log in to reply

cartzz

cartzz

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm wondering if running Cleanup is a risk...im still not sure about what exactly gets deleted...anyone who can let me know, itd be appreciated

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It is safe to use, I use it all the time. It deletes every thing from temp floders, and the recling bin, your tempuary internet flies (the file that are download automatily when you vist and sites so it dose not have to down load to again later, it is a good idea to clean this out every now and again because the computers looks throught all of the entrys before downloading a page and if it is too big thing can take a while) it also delete your cookies which is also a good thing to do from time to time. it also remove the list of sites names you have typed in to the serch bar in you internet brozer and any other such list like the one of words you have typed in to the google serch bar. A warning not be suprised it it delets a very large amount of files, the first time I used it it deledted 1GB from my computer to no ill effect it many do the same to yours.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
It deletes a lot of files. If you have anything you want in the temp folders, either don't run this program or move it out of a temp folder.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You can also configure it to run by YOUR setup...i.e: if you do NOT want your cookies deleted, simply UNcheck that box! :tazz: