Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Athalon 64

• Please log in to reply

kingcobra

kingcobra

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Can someone tell me some of the Better mother boards for the athlon 64.. Im going to be building one. And id like to find out which ones are better .. Thanks

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Abit, Asus, Msi all make fine boards and I am sure others will add to the list so maybe you should mention what features you are looking for or what the computer will be used for so others can make more detailed recommendations.

Rick

kingcobra

kingcobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Its gonna be used for gaming on the internet . I do a lot editing of pictures . And just the other basics .. But i want a realtively fast board.. I heard some bad things about the abit.. though..not sure which boards they had..

Egorn

Egorn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Abit are very good. I have three friends who all have the AV8 3rd Eye Abit board. Reliable, Easy to overclock, takes up to 4096MB RAM, show temp readout and fan speed, very nice board, £69.00 from ebuyer.

rosso5792

rosso5792

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
my uncles friend built my computer and he bought me all my parts that he said would be good for gaming, one thing he told me was if for gaming i should get a gigabyte motherboard and and amd 64 processor he says there stable and great for gaming and won't let you down.