Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help me!

• Please log in to reply

Steve I

Steve I

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:help: someone help me. What do i have to do to get rid of socket error #11004???

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I googled the error you displayed. After looking at several of the links returned, this seems to be the answer.

Socket error 11004 - Valid name, no data record of requested type

=> host-name resolution may have failed, you may try to enter your server's ip address instead

What you need to do is find out the IP address of the TeamSpeak server you are trying to connect to and use that instead of the name you are using now.

If this doesn't seem like the correct solution to your problem, let me know as I don't have much experience with TeamSpeak, and I'll look into it more.

Steve I

Steve I

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the advice but i was already entering the IP address.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I have no experience with TeamSpeak. And this may sound silly, but did enter the port number after the ip address.

Edited by darth_ash, 13 July 2005 - 07:13 AM.

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I just found another article that says you'll get the same error if you don't have the port number following the IP address. It should look like this

192.168.0.50:8768

Just substitute the correect and IP address and port number for the server you're using. Let me know if this helps any.

Steve I

Steve I

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok guys thanks i did not have the port number.