Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Supplies

• Please log in to reply

jayohallen

jayohallen

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Tom
I have been looking for a power supply with a 24 pin MB connector to put in my Rosewill case. I am using a ATI All-in--In-Wonder video card. I want between 400 and 500 watts. I notice some of them have the fan in the top. I don't understand how that works. Do you have to cut a hole in the top of the case? Any recommendations?

Thanks

JIm Allen

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Without knowing your system specs its hard to recomend a psu but this Antec will power about anything and has the features you mentioned. It is a bit pricey though, there are other quality psu's avliable but we would need your specs.

The models with 2 fans in is highly recommended but the fan is actually on the bottom of the psu so no need to cut the case, it pulls air into the psu and the 2nd fan draws air out thru the back of the case. Hope that clears that up a bit

Rick