Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

get wireless access w/laptop but no internet w/pc

• Please log in to reply

jinxy

jinxy

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
running winxp on a fairly new pc a year old. was using wireless laptop in yard the other day, and came in to usehome pc and could not get internet access. all 3 laptops in house are wireless and work fine. but pc that is hardwired into netgear router not getting IE ACCESS. wireless base is also connected to same router. tried rebooting modem, router pc. nothing. maybe kids changed a setting. went into connections and nothing looks changed. cant figure it out. can anyone give me any ideas? all cables are connected fine. I am now running window file checker to see if any files are corrupt or missing. i doubt it though. thanks to all

Edited by jinxy, 13 July 2005 - 03:38 PM.

Advertisements

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Ok, you need to go to control panel and then to network connections. Right click on Local area connection and mae sure it is enabled. If it is left click on properties.

Once here highlight internet protocol tcp/ip and click properties.

In here these both need to be set to obtain automatically. If not set them there now.

If this is not the issue please click start>run> and type in command and hit enter. In the black box type in ipconfig. Please post those results heres.

jinxy

jinxy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
thanks alot, local area connection was not enabled. i enabled aand all is fine. so far. crossing my fingers. is there any thing else i should check to make sure all is ok?