Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help with Azureus

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I need some help with Azureus. When i am downloading something i only get speeds of about 3.4kb/s MAX. I am on a 512k connection and i usually get speeds of about 50-56kb/s when downloading straight off Mozilla Firefox. I have been told to do something called port forwarding but i have no idea what this is or how to do it, can anyone help ?

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi jez56,
Because I dont know what modem you have...
First Go here - Routers Information. On that page click on - your Modem, then click - port forwarding for the "Your Modem", then Under the A section click on - Azureus.
Also read this - Configuring ports of Azureus. There, is information on configuring Azureus.
Although... I highly suggest that you double check the info on which ports you open. Cause some ports are more easily attacked than others, thats why Windows recommends the use of a firewall.

Willow :tazz: