Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD/CD-Rom Drive is Bugging me

• Please log in to reply

worcesteradam

worcesteradam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i cant seem to open config.sys , autoexec.bat opens but just runs itself out.
is there some software i should use?

ill get back to his tommorow, appreciate the help so far :tazz:

Edited by worcesteradam, 13 July 2005 - 06:35 PM.

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I should probably have mentioned that you need to go to Start>Run and type notepad then press Enter. Once notepad opens, go to File>Open and then select each of the files I listed above.

I'm sorry about that.

worcesteradam

worcesteradam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi again, thanks for all the work so far.

i have sorted out the system problems ie: "C:\ is using ms dos compatability".
that i have sorted, so no need to worry about that.

also the CD R/RW i unplugged when i opened up the computer is now working, although i havent worked out why or what i changed. So at least ive got a cd player again.

so only the dvd to go. I think i might have to open up the computer again, unplug the connections, then connect it back up and restart. that might do it.

Posted Image

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I'd say that's a good idea. If the CD-R/RW is working, there's no reason the DVD shouldn't be unless the whole drive is bad. Let me know what happens after you check its connections.

worcesteradam

worcesteradam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sorry for the delay, the computer has stoped working.
I think maybe the battery on the motherboard is the problem. it loads up, then wont load any further just comes up with dos and no explanantion, just a dash (-) and nothing. I think maybe the battery on the motherboard is the problem but mi not sure.
Im not sure how long it'll be before its working again.

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Ok. You should be able to find the correct battery at most electronics stores. Just take the old one with you to make sure you get the correct replacement part. Once you're ready to start tbuleshooting stuff again, use the PM link on the left of my posts to send me a message so I don't forget to look through this thread to help you out.

scooterville

scooterville

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey i did that followed the instructions and my computer still is not reading the dvd rom