Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory

• Please log in to reply

JoKeR

JoKeR

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hey Guys! I just bought a Sony VGN-A2401 laptop. :tazz: But it's got a standard memory of 256MB DDR SDRAM. So I was thinking of swaping it for a GIG of memory, got any suggestions on what brand to buy or if I should buy two 512 or one 1. Also, can I put a regular mamory chip into a laptop or is there a special laptop memory chip? Sorry, don't know much about laptops, this one's my first. Thanks.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

There is a 1GB module available for that particular model. Best thing to do is, click on the link below :

http://www.crucial.c...fgr.asp?cat=RAM

Select Sony and then your model number from the drop down box & you will find the module supplied by Crucial thats guaranteed compatible with your system.