Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help -- Fatal system error - XP Home Edition

• Please log in to reply

Aerofan

Aerofan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
System Specs - P4/512/80hd -- running XP Home edition -- Error message as follows:

STOP: C000021A (Fatal System Error). The Windows Logo Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x0000000). The system has been shut down.

Will not even let me do a CTRL/ALT/DEL to escape.

Here's what I did --
1) Been hit consistently with a VeryLince virus. Ran Virusscan in safemode and cleaned up. Don't know if that was the cause. Viruscan noted several files in system 32 infected. Total files affected with PUPs and VeryLince totalled 39.
Any thoughts?
2) I went into to Microsoft and downloaded any XP updates. Not sure if this will work as yet since I haven't logged on since then. Also, clicked on the box that appeared that said I should send a message to Microsoft. Message sent.

Thanks to everyone for any input.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Are U using any 3rd party theme manager like StyleXp which has the ability to change ur Windows Boot Screen.
If not, can u paste ur boot.ini file in ur next post.

Aerofan

Aerofan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No third party theme manager -- however, I'm not in front of my computer since I'm on my computer at work trying to figure this one out. I can get that info to you when I get home this evening. It just seems as though I was in the internet and boom -- the blue screen comes up. Did nothing different than usual.